Saturday, July 26, 2008

A Trip to the Emergency Room

I mentioned I was sick.... Yeah... I guess I'm REALLY sick!
Yesterday, Jason had to work his shift, so my mom, dad and brother came down to take Maggie to the zoo and give me some time to rest. By the evening, when they had returned, I realized I wasn't going to be able to take care of Maggie on my own, so my mom decided to stay the night.

At 12:30, while checking on me, her "Mommy Instincts" roared to life and she knew something was really wrong. So she called Jason and work and told him that she was taking me to the emergency room. Luckily, considering it was a Friday night and right after midnight, we happened to be the only patient in the entire ER! They took my temperature and found it to be 104.1, which is right below seizure at 105 degrees. After pumping me full of drugs to make me feel better (well, actually to just feel NO PAIN) and reduce my fever I was sent home with a diagnosis of Tonsillitis. I didn't realize it was such a nasty virus... but it has officially put me on my butt. Other than the time I had my ankle surgery, this is the sickest and most pain I've ever been in!

I've slept the majority of the day away today; completely knocked out with all the pain relievers and fever reducers. The ER doctor said I should be up and going again in about 2-3 days.

To my family and friends... I will survive! Just please keep us in your thoughts and prayers. Maggie is pretty upset about her mommy being sick. I'm too weak to pick her up or hold her much right now, but she is getting a lot of extra lovin' from grandma, both grandpa's, her uncle and her daddy.

To my clients.... don't worry, all your orders and and appointments are still good. I have Steve working hard on getting all those orders complete and there should be no delays in your orders. And the doctor assured me I will be good to go for Tina & Brian's wedding next Saturday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home