Sunday, August 10, 2008

My flash set up took a swim today!

Equipment failure sucks. And it REALL sucks watching your entire lighting set up get caught in a gust of wind and slowly fall into a lake!!

But I had the wonderful pleasure of seeing all my money practically drown to the bottom of Long Lake today while out doing a family session. As I was shooting from the dock a gust of wind caught my umbrella and, in slow motion, I watched my light stand take a swim, my flash unit and pocket wizard attached.

I was a lucky woman today though... I brought my soaking wet electronics home and Jason went to work. He carefully took everything apart, blew the water out with compressed air, and then allowed everything to dry. About 4 hours later, he decided to see if everything worked, and low and behold, the flash and pocket wizard started flashing! It looks like I (barely) survived this particular equipment mishap. Let's not have it happen again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home