Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

I haven't posted in a week now! Oh my!

We have been super busy around the house while Jason has been gone. We are on Day 12 of his departure, surviving (although the floor needs some vacuum attention) and still having a good time. On Saturday, The Goat (aka - my father in law) took Maggie and me out to Moclips, WA. I never knew this place existed... but it was BEAUTIFUL! Maggie has been to the beach a couple of times now, but it's always been so cold. Luckily, Saturday was about as nice as it gets on the Washington State Coast - which is usually cold and miserable - so she had an opportunity to actually PLAY on the beach.

And play she did... it ended with one really wet, sandy, tired girl. But she had a blast.

On the photography front - I've been practicing with some new flash/full sun techniques. This was my first attempt and I have to say I'm pretty proud of my accomplishment. I'll be posting a lot more of this technique this summer as I really am trying to master some pretty advanced lighting concepts!

This was Maggie's first reaction at seeing a kite in the sky for the first time ever:


Wet and Happy!


It's a big world out there:


Just happy - having a day with Mom and Goat:


Time to go home:

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home